HKFWS is always committed to promoting “Ageing in Place” and release new service initiatives. To support the elderly and their family members to live in a familiar place, our professional team shares some useful information and suggestions here to address the elders’ physical and psychological needs.

Elderly’s Children Emigration

We decide to emigrate to the United Kingdom next year but will not bring our parents to go. When and how would I inform them about our emigration to alleviate the impact on them?

After emigration, my elderly parents who remain behind are worried about losing companionship and support, while I am also concerned about the question of "who will take care of their affairs in their final years whe their children are not around.” As their son or daughter, what should I do?

I don’t want to leave my parents in Hong Kong, so I decided to emigrate overseas with them. How can I help them adapt to the new life?