The information provided by Hong Kong Family Welfare Society (HKFWS) on HKFWS Website is for general and indicative purpose only. While HKFWS has endeavored to offer the most current, correct and clearly expressed information to the public at the HKFWSs website but no guarantee is provided in this regard. In the premise, HKFWS will NOT be liable for any errors in, omissions from, or misstatements or misrepresentations concerning, (whether express or implied), any such information, and will not accept any responsibility what so ever for any loss, damage or injury (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of the information delivered on HKFWS's website. To facilitate access by users to information provided by or via other parties, HKFWS’s website may provide or assist in providing links to external websites through its pages. Provision of, or assistance in providing, these links give rise to no statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, that HKFWS agrees or does not disagree with the contents of any such external sites and HKFWS will not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss, damage or injury (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of the contents of any such external websites delivered on or via HKFWS’s website.
Personal Data Protection Policy and Practice
It is the responsibility of the Hong Kong Family Welfare Society to ensure compliance with the obligations under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance to facilitate professional service delivery and to protect the privacy of service users.
Personal Data Protection Policy and Practice
- Personal data will be collected lawfully and fairly for lawful purposes directly related to the functions and activities of the Society, and will be relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are held.
- Service users will be informed before the collection of data, of the purpose(s) of collection and the classes of persons to whom the data may be transferred.
- The service users will be informed of their rights to request access to their personal data and correction of the personal data.
- Service users have the responsibility to give accurate information during the process of service delivery. Reasonably practicable steps will be taken to ensure that data collected or retained is accurate for the purposes for which they are to be used.
- Personal data will be made available to appropriate persons undertaking work in the Society and relevant parties on a restricted or need-to-know basis.
- Personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for fulfillment of the purposes of collection.
- Unless prior consent has been obtained from the service users, the personal data will only be used, disclosed or transferred for the purposes (or a directly related purpose) for which the data was to be used at the time of collection or where it is allowed under the Ordinance.
- Reasonably practicable arrangements will be taken to ensure that personal data is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Kind of Personal Data Held and Main Purpose for Keeping Them
- Reports / case files of different service units / centres of the Society are kept for the purpose of providing appropriate assistance, including referrals to other services, training and conducting of research and surveys. The data kept on service users will vary depending on the type of service being sought or provided. In general, they may include the following:
- identification data e.g. name, Hong Kong Identity Card No.
- personal details e.g. sex, date of birth, age, address
- family circumstances e.g. marital status, details of other family members
- educational background & employment details
- financial circumstances
- information on health
- assessments and opinions on the data subjects
- others e.g. any criminal conviction, record of absence from Hong Kong
- Personal particulars and curriculum vitae of volunteers are kept for purposes of arranging volunteer service, for consideration of appointment and nominations for honours and awards.
- Personal data of individuals who have made enquiries or lodged complaints to the Society is kept for handling the enquiries / complaints and for statistical purposes.
Requests for access to or correction of personal data should be written in either English or Chinese. If you wish to obtain a copy of your personal data, you will be required to pay the related fee.
Hong Kong Family Welfare Society
Personal Data Coordinator
Room 2010, 20/F.,
130 Hennessy Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong
Enquiry: 2527 3171