We provide support in household duties, personal care, nursing care, rehabilitation, day care, carers’ support, health promotion, and community support services to the elderly or families in need and persons with disability. These services enable elders to stay at home of their choice, while the carers are supported to perform their caring role.
Elderly Community Support Service provides different services for the elderly to facilitate them to live healthy, positive, active and happy lives. Integrated Home Care Services provides a wide spectrum of home care and support services by 8 Integrated Home Care (IHC) teams, e.g. nursing care, rehabilitation service, home safety and advice, home modification, personal care, escorting service, day respite, child care, laundry, meal delivery service, purchase of daily necessities, house cleaning, psycho-social intervention and referral service, etc. Day Care Service includes day care centre, home based rehabilitation and care, home care and care-giver support.
Mental Health Group for Older Adults
This group is sponsored by Jardine Matheson through the Community Chest of Hong Kong and its service is free of charge. By means of therapeutic group activities, it aims at reducing psychological stress and enhancing personal competence to cope with changes leading to mental health well-being.
- Older adults aged 55 or above
- With signs of psychological/emotional distress, such as depression, anxiety, etc
- Willing to solve their problems through group work in order to enhance their interpersonal relationship and adaptability to changes
*Participants are required to attend pre-group screening interview.
- Therapeutic group is conducted by professional social worker
- Guiding participants to mutually learn and share in an open and honest atmosphere
- Activities include relaxation exercises, theme-specific lectures, skills training, experience sharing and homework, etc
- Understanding sources of stress and handling methods
- Differentiate positive and negative thoughts, learn how to think positive to handle emotional distress
- Grasp social communication skills
- Enhance problem solving ability