We provide integrated services with a child-centred, family-focused and community-based approach. Our integrated services promote resilience among families and individuals, and facilitate effective ways to prevent and cope with difficulties and challenges.
Currently we have 6 Integrated Family Service Centres located in North Point, Yau Tong, Shun Lee, Sham Shui Po, Tseung Kwan O and Kwai Chung. With a “family-centric” perspective, we provide comprehensive and professional services to families, to help them handle various problems, develop the potential of individuals and families, enhance family resilience and strengthen family mutual help in the community to build a caring society.
Family Careline service is a territory-wide Cantonese careline service run by Hong Kong Family Welfare Society. Its main objectives are to provide emotional support and referral service to those in need.
Family Careline Mission:
To provide a safe and secured platform for the callers from general public to receive emotional support and peer counselling rendered by a group of volunteers trained by professional social workers with a mission of enhancing a harmonious , mutual help and caring society.
- There exists a group of hidden population with welfare need but do not know or not yet receive the existing social services in the society.
- Through the provision of peer counselling service from our team of trained volunteers, it will enhance early identification of problems and callers’ motivation to face those problems and prevent the deterioration of problems.
- To strengthen individual and family functioning of targets served.
- By making referrals, bridging for those in need of social service with suitable resources and services in the community.
- To promote the spirit of mutual help and community care by training Family Careline volunteers to serve the society.
Family Careline: 2342 3110
Mon to Thurs 10:00am -12:30pm, 2:30-5:00pm
Sat 10:00am -12:30pm
Sun and public holiday: closed
In case of emergency, please contact the Integrated Family Service Centre in your district or the Social Welfare Department 24-hour hotline at tel: 2343 2255.
Enquiry & contact: