Child Care

As a single mother, I always want to find a job and make a living, but I am worried that no one could take care of my young children. Are there any social resources that can help me? What are the qualifications and methods of applying?

The territory-wide “Neighbourhood Support Child Care Project” (NSCCP) provides flexible form of day child care service for children aged under 9 to meet the needs of parents who require child care assistance because of work or various reasons. Under the NSCCP, there are home-based child care service and centre-based care group. For registration, parents can call the project operator in their district and make an appointment with the project social worker. The project social worker will arrange suitable child care service for the family after assessment.

Source: Ms. Wan, Social Worker (Kindergarten Social Work Service), Hong Kong Family Welfare Society