HKFWS is always committed to promoting “Ageing in Place” and release new service initiatives. To support the elderly and their family members to live in a familiar place, our professional team shares some useful information and suggestions here to address the elders’ physical and psychological needs.

Elderly Care

I am getting older and unable to do housework and cook. Any supportive services can help me? Any application requirements?

There are services dedicated to providing community care for the elderly and those in need. Elderly aged over 60 or in need of home care can apply. The services include general housework, meals, rehabilitation training, home safety, home improvement suggestions, personal care, escort services, occasional care services, laundry, meal services, shopping, household cleaning, psychological support and referral services, etc.

If you want to apply, you can visit our centre in person or contact our society at 2527 3171. You can also apply through the District Elderly Centre or related parties. Priority will be given to low-income people or families, the elderly, the disabled, and those who lack carers.

For contact information and addresses, please visit the website of the Social Welfare Department.

Source: Ms. Lee, Elderly Services Social Worker, Hong Kong Family Welfare Society