Family Problem

After my son and daughter-in-law have separated, I am the one to take care of their eight-year-old daughter. As I am already over 60 years old, I wish I could get some help to relieve my burden.

It is very challenging for an elderly to take care of a grand daughter on her own. You are suggested to consult a social worker to find out what kind of service will be available and appropriate for you and your grand daughter to meet your needs. Referral service can be arranged for you if needed.

Our centres provide a number of service which might be helpful for you. These include after school care and support for children, etc. You might visit the Integrated Family Service Centre nearby for enquiries.

Source: Ms. Lok, Social Work Consultant, Hong Kong Family Welfare Society