HKFWS takes a “Family-centric” perspective for service development. We believe family is paramount and devote ourselves to strengthen family wellbeing. Regardless of family backgrounds or facing difficulties, we are pleased to provide support. We also utilise community resources to alleviate their imminent hardships. Some advices are provided by our professional team derived from their past working experience here for your reference when you are in need.

Family Problem

I’m unemployed recently and my landlord has asked me to move out. I would like to know if there are any social resources available to solve my problems during this difficult time.

Coping with the challenges of unemployment and paying rent to the landlord at the same time is really stressful. You may be eligible for applying some emergency aids and other means. You are suggested to consult a social worker to discuss viable short-term and long-term solutions. 

Source: Ms. Lok, Social Work Consultant, Hong Kong Family Welfare Society