Multi-generational Family

My family environment is crowded, and the family members are noisy every day and even fight. They refused to seek help from the social worker. What should I do?

The crowded living environment is indeed stressful, and family members are also easy to have conflicts.

Although family members refuse to seek help from social workers, you can actively seek help from the social workers at the Integrated Family Service Centre to relieve your pressure to face their conflicts.

You can also participate in various types of groups and activities organised by the Integrated Family Service Centre, such as the Physical and Mental Health Group. Through these activities, you can learn some skills and methods to reduce your own psychological pressure, ease your negative emotions, strengthen interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills. For more details, please visit our website.

If the conflict between family members is fierce and you are emotionally unstable, you can call the hotline for assistance (Social Welfare Department: 2343 2255/Caritas Family Crisis Support Centre: 18288/ CEASE Crisis Centre: 18281) to receive short-term crisis support. For details, please contact the social worker. If it involves personal safety issues, it is recommended to call the police for help.

Source: Ms. Leung, Social Worker, Hong Kong Family Welfare Society